Welcome to Hexacorn!
We are a small consulting company based in Hong Kong. Our consulting expertise covers many areas including IT, IT Security and Creative Services.
Over last 17 years we gained experience working directly and indirectly with companies, organizations and agencies
all over the world. We worked with law enforcements, governments, financial authorities, financial companies,
large consulting companies, US Defense contractors, card schemes, merchants as well as charities.
All our employees are educated to a degree level or higher, and over the years obtained many industry-standard certificates
including CISSP, CISM, QSA, GCIH, GREM.
The research presented on Hexacorn web site has attracted some attention from the security community, and it has been referenced
or featured in a number of books, conference presentations, articles, and posts by many prominent researchers and academics.
These include the following:
- The Art of Memory Forensics: Detecting Malware and Threats in Windows, Linux, and Mac Memory, by Michael Hale Ligh, Andrew Case, Jamie Levy
- Windows Registry Forensics, Second Edition: Advanced Digital Forensic Analysis of the Windows Registry, by Harlan Carvey
- Windows Malware Analysis Essentials, by Victor Marak
- Technical Walkthrough: Office Test Persistence Method Used In Recent Sofacy Attacks, by Robert Falcone, Palo Alto
- Leveraging Proactive Defense to Defeat Modern Adversaries (PDF), by Andrew Case
- Patterns of a Cooperative Malware Analysis Workflow (PDF), by Daniel Plohmann et al.
- A guide to finding important business applications & os artifacts for your digital forensics investigations (PDF), by Magnet Forensics
- Integrating Static and Dynamic Malware Analysis Using Machine Learning (PDF), by R. J. Mangialardo and J. C. Duarte
- Malware Analysis Without Looking At Assembly Code (PDF), by John Franco
- Digital Forensic Analysis on Prefetch Files (PDF), by Narasimha Shashidhar and Dylan Novak
- A Survey of XOR as a Digital Obfuscation Technique in a Corpus of Real Data (PDF), by Carolina Zarate